AVIC411.com

XM and IPOD = no audio

I'm on 2.0 and there's no sound for the XM module nor the IPOD connector.

SD, USB, FM, AM, Sirius all have audio. Silence for XM and IPOD.

XM will receive signal and show the default channels (00, 1 and 247?), IPOD will show the playlists, the song playing, etc but no audio.

Any ideas?

the bus cable is hooked up backwards its a on way cable..

The bus cable that came with the XM module had a ground on one end and yellow power connector with fuse on the other. I assumed the end with the ground is the end that should connect into the XM module. Was that wrong?

no but you need to make sure that it is pluged into the right spot on the XM tuner/Ipod

one end of the cable has a blue connector on it the other has a black connector. the back of the AVIC has a blue connector on it, make sure the blue end of the ip-bus cable is plugged into the avic(easy) then make sure that the black connector is plugged into the black connector one the first device in the chain(this is where people make the mistake) then make sure that the blue end of the cable(2nd ip-bus cable) between the 1st and 2nd device is plugged into the blue connector of the 1st device and the other end (black end) is plugged in to the black connector at the 2nd device

[AVIC](blue plug) (black)[xm tuner](blue) (black)[IPOD INTERFACE]

Thanks, that was most of it! It was indeed plugged into the wrong spot on the tuner. I also needed to enable the power toggle option in the menu to turn the tuner on - but don't remember which menu sequence was required to get to it.

I still have the issue with the IPOD though. It's a knockoff usb/ipod with composite out connector from ebay. I can navigate the IPOD just fine, but no sound comes out. AV1 is also set to IPOD in the settings. The composite cables are hooked up correctly in the harness as well.

no but you need to make sure that it is pluged into the right spot on the XM tuner/Ipod

one end of the cable has a blue connector on it the other has a black connector. the back of the AVIC has a blue connector on it, make sure the blue end of the ip-bus cable is plugged into the avic(easy) then make sure that the black connector is plugged into the black connector one the first device in the chain(this is where people make the mistake) then make sure that the blue end of the cable(2nd ip-bus cable) between the 1st and 2nd device is plugged into the blue connector of the 1st device and the other end (black end) is plugged in to the black connector at the 2nd device

[AVIC](blue plug) (black)[xm tuner](blue) (black)[IPOD INTERFACE]

try hooking the knockoff composite cable up to a TV's composite inputs and see if you can get any sound or picture on the TV, this will tell you if the problem is with the cable or the AVIC,

if it does work on the TV, i would double check to make sure that the whole RCA harness is plugged all the way in and that none of the pins are bent