AVIC411.com

AVIC F90BT And iPhone 3Gs "This accessory is not..." error

Little bit of a problem. I have an iPhone 3gs running on 3.0.1. I have the AVIC F90BT with the 2.0 firmware upgrade.

If I plug an iPod into my system using the USB/Ipod cable that came with my unit, the Avic Detects the iPod, changes the USB logo in the AV selector to "iPod" and then allows me to select it and change songs from the touch screen on my iPod.

However, when I plug my iPhone 3Gs into this port, I get the message:

10633_141708056879_595896879_2507071_4871399_n.jpg

I've used both the stock Pioneer cable along with the stock Apple cable that came along with my ipod. I've herad that's a regular message and to just ignore it, but unfortunately, the USB logo doesn't change to iPod so I have no idea what to do. If I'm listening to Pandora, it says "dock application" at the bottom and the sound stops playing, however, I'm unable to play the sound through my speakers.

Any suggestions?

I've used both the stock Pioneer cable along with the stock Apple cable that came along with my ipod. I've herad that's a regular message and to just ignore it, but unfortunately, the USB logo doesn't change to iPod so I have no idea what to do. If I'm listening to Pandora, it says "dock application" at the bottom and the sound stops playing, however, I'm unable to play the sound through my speakers.

Any suggestions?

The iphone might be auto switching to bluetooth audio out. This is a problem with units that support bluetooth audio streaming but might also be a problem with units that don't support that profile. Touch the bluetooth symbol at the bottom right of the phone, it will show you the audio out sources at which point you will click DOCK CONNECTOR.

Hah, well I think my biggest problem was that I didn't have anything downloaded onto my iPhone.

Weird though that it won't detect it until I have stuff to play on my hard drive.

Known issue actually, you need music in the ipod section for the AVIC to recognize it, then you can piggy back off it for pandora.

The Airplane Mode issue will never change, you just have to say "no thank you, I don't want you to go into airplane mode"

The Airplane Mode issue will never change, you just have to say "no thank you, I don't want you to go into airplane mode"

Really? There aren't any cables designed for the iPhone with the necessary filter to eliminate GSM chatter across the line? I know the audio out on the charging cradle doesn't ask for airplane mode and does offer some level of filtering? Apple doesn't make an iPhone specific cable? Seems like they should...

Really? There aren't any cables designed for the iPhone with the necessary filter to eliminate GSM chatter across the line? I know the audio out on the charging cradle doesn't ask for airplane mode and does offer some level of filtering? Apple doesn't make an iPhone specific cable? Seems like they should...

The Airplane mode request is triggered by the host device not advertising itself to the iphone as "iphone ready" you can't fix this easily, in fact it's usually looking for a specific ID from the hardware of the host unit itself, this is why the new X-Series doesn't give the notice, it has the hardware in it that says to the iphone "I'm iphone approved"

You don't have to respond to that message at all. Just leave it and it will go away. You can also get the Apple Composite AV cable which is iphone approved and will not cause the message. There are apparently other cables as well that might be a little less expensive. I would stay away from those cheap Chinese knock offs on ebay. They rarely work as advertised.

can you guys elaborate on how to get pandora to work? im planning on picking up a 3gs sometime in the VERY near future and i stumbled across the thread

just the thought of being able to stream pandora to my car is too incredible - i didnt even consider this when i decided on switching to the iphone

Select ipod as a source on the head unit and pause the playback from the head unit touch screen. You will have to have at least one song on the ipod section of the phone in order for this to work. Once you have paused playback of the ipod song, open Pandora and the audio will be routed through the dock connector on the phone to the head unit. All control however will be done on the phone itself and not on the head unit. This is the proceeder for the F/X series as they don't support bluetooth audio. If you have a Z110BT you will select BT audio as the source on the head unit and then just open Pandora. No cable is necessary. Control will still be done from the phone however.