AVIC411.com

HD Radio Presets

I realize that everybody hates the fact that the HD Radio section of the Avic doesn't store the station names in the presets the way the regular FM Section does. However, I was wondering if the preset info is even stored in the head unit, or if it is stored in the extension modules. (For some reason, I can't remember now, it seemed that my XM presets were stored in the XM module.)

If it is indeed left to the module to store that info, but the P10 doesn't have that capability, I was wondering if the newer P20HD HD modules might be storing names now? Are there any P10HD users that can verify whether or not the presets show the station names?

Actually, never mind. I found the info in another thread.

Apparently, the preset info IS stored in the HD module. The station names do show up in other head units' presets when using the P10. But, they do not show up in the F-series. So, the problem is obviously in the F-series' HD Radio software. Pioneer should be ashamed of such a simple programming mistake. (I assume the issue is the same in the X-series. I'll have to peruse that forum to see for sure.)

• 4 weeks later...