AVIC411.com

Z110BT Screen Not Closing

Anybody had a problem with the screen not closing completely after installing an SD card in the Z110BT?

I installed two of these units this past week, and one works flawlessly. The other one (both of them installed in 2009 Ford Explorers) will open the screen to allow you to install or remove the SD or CD/DVD, but it will only retun part way closed.

The tilt in and tilt out buttons function, but the unit will only allow you to move the screen just so far either way, and not ever fully closed. I'm just guessing, but it seems to me that the unit has "forgotten" just where the fully-closed position is.

I have tried all four methods of reset specified in the manual, including removing 12v from the unit for several hours. None of these reset methods work; they do erase most of the other stuff I had programmed into the unit.

I have not tried to physically press the screen closed, as I didn't want to damage it.

Any ideas? :idea:

Thanks for any help.

Are you using the supplied mounting screw hardware? Longer screws may prevent the mechanism from operating properly. Also, have you checked to see if the dash kit might be in contact with the motorized face? I've had to trim some kits to allow the Z's motorized faceplate to move freely. The other thing to check would be the Z's original packaging- it's possible that the unit could have been dropped in shipping, creating some type of mis-alignment of the faceplate gears.

Thanks, guys, for your responses.

I really think my problem lies with the unit apparently remembering a preset tilt position. If I knew how, or if, there were some kind of hardware reset, something to erase ALL the owner-programmed settings, and restore the unit to it's out of the box configuration, I'd be OK.

The return for replacement idea is next. Got it from Crutchfield, so that shouldn't be a problem. I really wanted to get it working, so I wouldn't have to remove it.

Thanks again for your comments. :P