AVIC411.com

How to: Update to 3.01 from nonofficial 3.0

Actually guys what is the correct firmware file upgrade for the F900BT unit? The only 3.001 upgrade that I see on the Pioneer web site is for F910. I looked under F900 support page and only see 2.006 update. For the 3.001 I only see it available for F910?

Is that the same file for 900BT? Per my earlier post, the last time I tried upgrading from 3.0 to 3.001 I had some issues (see post on first page) of unit beeing stock at 100% complete during the install of 3.001 and than after I reboot it was not showing what soft version or map version it was running? Could it be because F910 upgrade version is differ for F900?

I just refreshed my unit with the newly installed 3.0 version and now I want to do the 3.01 upgrade, but will wait for your responses before I plunge again with the wrong file.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I must say hagan you save me from losing 700 bucks.... you are like a sun in the night lol.....no thanks for the information of how to fix an avic reboot it works for my f90bt cause it constantly reboot with 2.0 update version and I follow the steps and SHAZAM it works great. THANKSS...!!

• 3 weeks later...

did the upgrade but forgot to unplug my ipod. :o It all went well. Got nervous towards the last update screen as both levels sat at 0% for about 4 minutes before blasting to 100% then rebooting.

One issue. my ipod was playing just fine for about 15minutes then all of sudden the Avic powered off. I clicked menu / AV and my ipod icon was gone. I pushed reset and it worked again but I only drove for another 5 minutes before I arrived at work.

Should I redo the upgrade?