AVIC411.com

iPhone F Series contact/caller id solutions

If you are having problems with caller id inbound/outbound and want to be able to select what contacts you want installed here is a solution. I used this on my 900bt. iTunes has an application specific for your iPhone and Pioneer AVICS!

1. Connect iPhone to iTunes and download application AVICFEEDS (free)

2. You now have a contact group called AVICfeeds on your phone. If you use mobile me, you will have 2 AVICFEEDS groups (one for default contacts PC), and one for mobileme (mobileme). You will also have options to automatically add new contacts to the AVICFEEDS if you wish.

3. Log into mobileme or your default contacts program and drag and drop contacts into the AVICFEEDS group folder.

4. Go into your iPhone general settings, blue tooth, Pioneer Navi, and under groups, uncheck all contacts, and check AVICFEEDs.

5. Now you must unpair (remove) the Bluetooth phone on your Pioneer, and pair it again. phone, settings, connection, select existing phone, then delete phone.

6. Pair the phone to allow AVVICFEEDS application to sync, phone, settings, connection, search for phone. Make sure your iPhone is "discoverable" like you did to discover the phone oringally.

7. Now download address book to AVVIC and you should now have only the contacts you want from the AVICFEEDS group and caller id.

Notes:

1. You may have to clear your contacts under phone options, if the download does not overwrite properly.

2. If you receive a phone call/text message while downloading, the application will not install all of your contacts, but will show as completed. You will need to download again if this happens.

3. There are other functions in AVICFEEDS that I am still looking at and will post those options at a later date.

If anyone has information on the other functions of the iPhone app, please reply to this thread with details.

jdude