AVIC411.com

i have a z1 with z3 hdd from garrett... its been working good but about a week ago i put the screen down then as it came back up it was almost there and then it stopped like it didnt wanna go back anymore.. then it went back down... tried it again and it did the same thing... i did it one more time i made sure to push back on it so it would seat back and it worked.. so now everytime it goes back into place, i have to push it at the last second so it seats properly.. anyone have any ideas how to fix this??

I had the same problem with mine, apparently because it had been some time since I had last dropped the screen down (I rarely play DVDs or CDs). I had to help it down by pushing it, and then help it back up, again by pushing. I was able to get it working fairly normally again by repeatedly opening and closing the screen, helping it a little less each time. It still is not as smooth as original. I thought about taking a q-tip and carefully putting a little WD-40 on the track so the screen will move more smoothly. Haven't done that yet.

I'm interested if others who don't drop their screen down very often have had similar problems.