AVIC411.com

Just got it, a few questions/issues

Hello,

I just got my Z110BT installed in my dodge charger. First, it's an awesome screen and beautiful compared to the OEM nav system of the charger, but I have a lot of gripes so far and hoping there are some solutions:

1. On my OEM, when in a route, I had the option to immediately avoid any road. Is it true this can only be done with MSN traffic? With the bypass, could I get to choose this at any point?

2. Why do my Sirius presets not reflect the name of the station I selected for that preset? For FM/AM, the preset name will change to 111.1 FM Rock blah blah, Sirius still says "Preset 1" instead of "169 Hot and Horny Bitches". Any fix to this?

3. I have an SD card and successfully changed my splash screen and used the AVIC feeds to transfer favorites, NICE. But I also put some music on the card and my unit didn't recognize it as an audio source. Is there a special folder or something that I need to put the music in on the card?

All in all, I love the unit, and will love it more after I bypass it... but it's a little disappointing as I thought there would be more hacks/mods and I assumed the software would be better.

Cheers in Advance for any replies to my questions......

Hello,

I just got my Z110BT installed in my dodge charger. First, it's an awesome screen and beautiful compared to the OEM nav system of the charger, but I have a lot of gripes so far and hoping there are some solutions:

1. On my OEM, when in a route, I had the option to immediately avoid any road. Is it true this can only be done with MSN traffic? With the bypass, could I get to choose this at any point?

2. Why do my Sirius presets not reflect the name of the station I selected for that preset? For FM/AM, the preset name will change to 111.1 FM Rock blah blah, Sirius still says "Preset 1" instead of "169 Hot and Horny Bitches". Any fix to this?

3. I have an SD card and successfully changed my splash screen and used the AVIC feeds to transfer favorites, NICE. But I also put some music on the card and my unit didn't recognize it as an audio source. Is there a special folder or something that I need to put the music in on the card?

All in all, I love the unit, and will love it more after I bypass it... but it's a little disappointing as I thought there would be more hacks/mods and I assumed the software would be better.

Cheers in Advance for any replies to my questions......

1. I have MSN, but I live just outside the service area, so I have not yet tested it.

2. This is a HUGE gripe for me as well, and had I known it, I would have gone with XM instead. The XM unit does show the presets and the channel logos. The only advantage of the Sirius unit is that *with the right components* you can have the Instant Replay function and the Game Alert function. You need the SVCDOC1, the CDSB10, and a Starmate 5... the Stillettos do NOT work with the instant replay even though they are suppose to.

3. I have had issues with the SD card as well.... I wonder if its a function of the SD card brand. I was able to upload a splash screen from the 'replicate settings' function, but the unit will not recognize the pictures folder.

Areas where this thing really excels IMHO is in the IPOD interface for both audio and video, the voice control, the bluetooth phone features, and the custom shortcut screen, and the speed of responsiveness. I have a Nissan Armada with the stock NAV/DVD/BT/XM, and the Z110 is nearly as good, and even easier to do the video hack.