AVIC411.com

iphone 3gs wont connect to D3

I used to have a 3G & could connect to my d3 just fine. Now I have upgraded to the 3GS & can't get it to connect :cry: when i try to pair the phone says that it cant connect. anyone know what could be the problem?? I've tried to search my problem but didn't have any luck with that either.

Apple has a tricky little way of making their new stuff incompatible with our old stuff. I too have a D3 and ran into the same problem when I tried to use my new 3GS. From what I understand based on everything I've looked up and all the people I've asked, Apple decided to make their bluetooth capabilities on the 3GS proprietary and they only work with models that have the new Apple driver in them. So unfortunately you are out of luck, unless you want to upgrade to one of the newer models, such as the AVIC-U3BT, X710BT, X910BT, or the Z110BT (those come with the updated driver).

Apple has a tricky little way of making their new stuff incompatible with our old stuff. I too have a D3 and ran into the same problem when I tried to use my new 3GS. From what I understand based on everything I've looked up and all the people I've asked, Apple decided to make their bluetooth capabilities on the 3GS proprietary and they only work with models that have the new Apple driver in them. So unfortunately you are out of luck, unless you want to upgrade to one of the newer models, such as the AVIC-U3BT, X710BT, X910BT, or the Z110BT (those come with the updated driver).

Errr.... freakin money pits :x . thanks for the info though!

I have a D3 an iPhone 3GS. I have bluetooth working just fine. I have had 3 iPhone 3GS hooked up to my car without any problems. I also have my girlfriends hooked up in position number 2 without any problems. Your sources in Apple are wrong. The only thing that does not work is contact transfer or browsing your music via bluetooth.