AVIC411.com

No street names in 3D map after upgrade + clock wrong

So add me to the list of Oregonians who just wants to have the clock set right. Hope somebody figures it out soon. It started as a minor annoyance but its getting more annoying as the weeks go on. Has anyone noticed if it stays correct until you shut off the vehicle? I haven't fiddled with it in awhile so I can't be sure.

Checked the registry, the entries for time zones (under "HKLM\Time Zones\") seem to indicate the DST stuff mandated by the Energy Policy Act has been applied to the WinCE 5.0 Platform Builder that Pioneer's using, so much for hoping it was stale TZ rules and auto DST screwing up the hour. :(

I have F90BT ver2.0 and also my clock didn't update this past weekend, I haven't got into the AVIC system yet, my first thought was Microsoft had the TZ screwed up like they have been doing in the registry for the past 10 years...several or more TZs always had something wrong with them. Here is the dump for US Central Time zone in the registry for XP which is correct. The satellites outputting zulu.

68 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 c4 ff ff ff 00 00 0b 00 00 00 01 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 02 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Rather difficult to read, but if you know the format its not too bad. -360 minutes from zulu, DST End time is 11th month, 1st week, Sunday, 2AM; DST Start time is 3rd month, 2nd week, Sunday, 2AM

I would like to go in and check this on Ver2...can someone tell me what I need to get into the AVIC?

• 2 weeks later...

Add me to the list as well for Oregon. I have been emailing back and forth with Pioneers tech support and so far nothing has worked. I did talk to a guy on the phone that mentioned something about having to wait for a patch to come out. Tech support has my trying different things out, try this, try that. But nothing yet. They have to know what is going on here.

• 3 months later...

I'm not having the issue with the clock, but I was having the same issue with the street names with the 3D text. I figured out pretty quickly that the issue was that I had to be zoomed into 500ft or closer for the street names to show in 3D mode, but this issue did not exists on my unit prior to performing the 3.0 upgrade.

When my F90BT had the 2.06 firmware I was able to see street names in 3D mode at scales above 500ft. I think Pioneer screwed things up a bit with 3.0 in regards to the 3D street name text... that is unless there is a way to get street names to show at scales above 500ft that has not been identified.

As a side note.. the more you flatten out the 3D display the better the street text rendering is at close up scales. Unfortunately the more you flatten out the display.. the closer it gets to looking like 2D mode.