AVIC411.com

Who has 3.0 on an EU (UK) unit?

New to the site and just realised there is a 3.0 update! (Well joined ages ago, but not been back!).

So much jargon to try to get my head round, anyone out there be kind enough to give me a quick guide as to how to get 3.0 on my UK unit? Not as bothered by updated maps as I am by speeding up the system!

Happy to buy 3.0 but don't think it is available in the uk?

Looks like I should be looking for newer maps before hacks, what EU maps do people prefer? Are there any that are head and shoulders above the rest or are they much of a muchness?

May be a stupid question, but do the different maps all appear the same, just some are more accurate than others or do the map files dictate how the map is presented on the screen as well as the actual road data etc.

Looks like I should be looking for newer maps before hacks, what EU maps do people prefer? Are there any that are head and shoulders above the rest or are they much of a muchness?

May be a stupid question, but do the different maps all appear the same, just some are more accurate than others or do the map files dictate how the map is presented on the screen as well as the actual road data etc.

I prefer the TA maps, as they seems to be more up to date with speedlimits and so on. I also had at lot of issues with the previous version of the NA maps (in version 8.0) which seemed to come up with very alternative routes - both here in Denmark both also last time I went to Italy.

If you want to change the appereance of the maps i.e. road and background colors you have to mod the SCHEMES.