AVIC411.com

Breaking down the terminology...

There is a lot of terminology used in a lot of these threads which I don't understand! Is there a glossary or reference section!?

From the few posts I have read, I am assuming that the F900 uses the Igo navigation software (like Kenwood uses Garmin), it just integrates the navigation into the pioneer gui, which runs on windows CE?

Version 2.0 of the Pioneer Software uses Igo 8.0 and version 3.0 uses igo 8.3?

So upgrading the system involves using 'testmode' to access wince and then upgrading windows, the pioneer firmware and the iGo software (included in the firmware).

Assuming I have the basics correct there, what is ezrider?

What type of maps are needed, are they called igo 8.3 maps and then dated i.e. 2009.6 being june '09?

What is APL2?

Once I have the required firmware and iGo kernel running, with the 'latest' maps, then I can look to download peoples hacks which are basically tweaks to the pioneer gui overlaid on the iGo navigation software?

There is a lot of terminology used in a lot of these threads which I don't understand! Is there a glossary or reference section!?

we don't have any here

From the few posts I have read, I am assuming that the F900 uses the Igo navigation software (like Kenwood uses Garmin), it just integrates the navigation into the pioneer gui, which runs on windows CE?

Version 2.0 of the Pioneer Software uses Igo 8.0 and version 3.0 uses igo 8.3?

yes for both

So upgrading the system involves using 'testmode' to access wince and then upgrading windows, the pioneer firmware and the iGo software (included in the firmware).

Assuming I have the basics correct there, what is ezrider?

yes

ezrider is the exe file for the navigation

What type of maps are needed, are they called igo 8.3 maps and then dated i.e. 2009.6 being june '09?

if you have a hacked ezrider (the one that allows other licenses to be used) you can use either igo 8.3 navteq/teleatlas map,

What is APL2?

this is the folder where all igo files are

Once I have the required firmware and iGo kernel running, with the 'latest' maps, then I can look to download peoples hacks which are basically tweaks to the pioneer gui overlaid on the iGo navigation software?

yes

OK, so I have a 3.0 'update' from the site, a 'My Flash Device' folder with all the subfolders and files, I am assuming this already includes a hacked ezrider file and some maps of some sort as it is 1.6gb.

Should it not have the required files, then to upgrade the maps I need to get:

v3.0 hacked ezrider.exe file

generic global license file

map files

and I just copy these into the appropriate locations in the folder structure I have in the 'my flash device' folder, then copy these to the SD card and follow the update instructions in the other threads?

If it is all installed with the correct ezrider and the license is already there, then can I just go into testmode and copy the files from an SD card direct to the map folder, or does it have to be as part of a full install?

Is there anyway to tell what map files are in an installation, i.e. what brand and what date?