AVIC411.com

Just purcahsed a working used F900bt. It came with some stuff missing but I got it for really cheap. I have a couple questions for you guys:

1. There is no pink wire in the Power Harness. It was either never installed or completely pulled out with the harness clip. Do I have to have the wire? If so where would it hook up to a 2003 Toyota Tacoma crew cab?

2. The famous MOD for the parking brake. Instead of removing the MUTE wire and moving it to pin 8 on the AV IN/OUT harness, can't I just pull this to ground to get the same affect?

3. The mute wire. I was wondering since this model does not have a mute feature just via bluetooth can I hook the yellow/black wire uo to a toggle switch or button to get an actual MUTE feature. If so what is it looking for power or ground.

4. The violet/white wire. This harness did not come with the extension and I was wondering if anyone knows the info on the fusable resistor. Like volts, size, amps, etc.

5. Last but not least the micropohone. Pioneer make 2 mics the CPM1064 & the CD-VM1. will the CD-VM1 work with this unit or do i have to get the high dollar one the CPM1064?

I know this item didn't come with a lot of stuff but I would really like to get it installed. Any help or advise would be highly appreciated!

the pink wire is for VSS they must have given you the wire harness for the 700, you dont need this for it to work, but it does make it more accurate.

the hardware bypass AKA moving the mute wire, do it exactly as the bypass instructions say, other wise IT WILL NOT WORK, if you didn't have to move it for it to work then it would not be in the directions, grounding it with out moving it would just MUTE the system (no sound or very quiet) thats why its called the mute wire and moving its posistion gives difference results

the unit will mute through bluetooth (durring a call) and you can mute it with a certian press of the buttons, and you can mute it through steering wheel controls adapter. but yes you can hook it up to a switch to mute with a ground signal

#4 dont know

a mic is a mic as long as it has the same connector for the back of the unit (sound quality may be different as there may be a differance between senitivity)

1loudls thank you for your reply to my posting. I did figure out the bypass which is now working. I moved the mute wire & soldered it as well as the green parking brake wire to the the black wire. Works like a champ. The violet white wire I was told this is for a backup camera. If you have a camera hooked up then when you put the vehicle in reverse the camera automatically comes on & allows you to view behind. Does that sound about right?

yea the purple/white is the camera trigger wire so if you are using a back up camera then you will need to hook it up to the trigger wire for the reverse lights, it can be a negitive or positive trigger as selected in the settings, i just dont know any info on the fuse inline with the wire.

I just installed the mic CD-VM1 which I was told should work. It does work BUT when I try to tell the AVIC who to call it does not recognize anything I say, then it says "say the numbers". Well it does recognize some of the numbers I say but screws it all up & when I maunally select who to call from the screen I can carry on a perfect conversation. Is there some sort of setup for voice recognition?