AVIC411.com

is there a mod to fix this?

I was using my ps3, using the AV1 slot in the back of the headunit. I thought the cables weren't plugged in earlier when i tried with my N64 so i went and bought and extension and it didnt work. So i bought another extension with couplers to make sure they were real snug together and i still got that. SO i thought it might be my inverter so i plugged the ps2 up using a drop cord. and it STILL did the same thing. Please tell me what i am doing wrong.

Well i tried plugging the ps2 up with a drop cord and it still worked like that.

yes, and if you have ground loop or AC isolation issues you'll still have them, that's why I suggested an ipod or iphone.

If you would prefer to ignore advice given, then feel free, the goal is to get you OFF of the AC powered devices to test the AVIC itself.

Heck, just try a battery powered DVD player, take the damn game consoles out of the loop for troubleshooting the AVIC itself!

So i need to try my ipod or iphone. I guess i will have to find a cable that plugs in the bottom of them with three RCA cables. Was there any cables that i needed to ground on the av in/out set of cables?

You need to follow the installation instructions and chassis ground the required connections.