AVIC411.com

Power/Connect Issues with CD-SB10 *also* occurs with Z110bt

I had read on the forums here dedicated to other units that the Sirius Bus CD-SB10 had an issue where it will spontaneously stop working and that the only correction is to remove power resulting in some making the connection from the YELLOW(constant) to the RED(ACC) power line on the CDSB10.

I can now confirm that this ALSO has occurred with me on the Z110bt... I have not yet changed over the powerlines, but a simple remove-and-replug of the power interface on the CDSB10 does reset the unit and make it work again. Glad I planned ahead and put the CDSB10 in an easily accessible place under the dash.

The one and only thing that the Sirius does well is the INSTANT REPLAY function which is great for when you need to jump out of the car and run into the store, keep the engine running and dont want to miss any of the game / song you are listening to.

But if I was a lawyer, I would be lining up a class action suit against Pioneer over have horribly they have performed with the CDSB10, quality of interface, and the documentation/research on what works with it.

I have a GEXp920xm on order, and will be using them both concurrently once it arrives... Hopefully, I can daisychain the GEX into the CDSB10 without issue. I'll update once I have spents some time with these options head-to-head.