AVIC411.com

F700 - running iPod in + aux audio (sirius) question

After I toasted my D3, I picked up an F700 cheap. This has led me to an interesting problem though, with my D3 I used the iPod cable to control my iPod, and my A/V input for my Sirius radio RCA's. Now with the F700 I'm stoked with the increase in functionality with the iPod (I wanted video control the whole time, and got let down by the D3), buttttt that creates an interesting predicament in that the A/V inputs are now occupied by the iPod! So I'm looking to see if there is a solution to allow my to direct in my Sirius without 1. buying the integrated unit, and 2. purchasing the RB-20 style IPbus type device......Any tips??

also if you didn't want to use the front input, then you could use a video or audio switch box to hook more things up the AV1. and i dont know if they make one that will work with pioneer headunits, but sirius has a sirius adapter for direct control (from the head unit) of a plug & play unit (they insert into a dock connector for the newer style sirius docks)

Get the Pioneer Sirius option and connect the ipod to the proper input and problem solved.

iPod is currently on the proper input, and I'm trying to avoid buying another Sirius unit when I have and am happy with mine. A single A/V input on a unit is bad enough, let alone to have it occupied by something it didn't need to before....

Get the Pioneer Sirius option and connect the ipod to the proper input and problem solved.

. A single A/V input on a unit is bad enough, let alone to have it occupied by something it didn't need to before....

thats why there's two instead of one

. A single A/V input on a unit is bad enough, let alone to have it occupied by something it didn't need to before....

thats why there's two instead of one

I don't really count plugging a unit in on the front of my deck temporarily an "A/V input" in the sense I'm talking of them.

the part you want is the SCVDOC1 $60

you will still need the pioneer sirius translator $60

this will allow you to use the AVIC's touch screen to control a portable plug & play sirius tuner, dock the unit, and pioneer controls it,its awesome