AVIC411.com

remote wire constantly reboots!!!

so i finally get my unit back after 2 weeks. and the same exact problem. they changed the pre amp fuse but why is it that when i connect my remote wire to the headunit to turn on my amps that it cycles the power on the headunit. wtf is that?! I was having issues with distortion coming from the speakers and now the amp wont get out of protection mode can i please get some help here.

I am so ready to take this unit and do a mexican hat dance on the HU.

this unit is great when it works but geesh, will it ever work?

another cool thing i found is that when i disconnect the radio antenna the radio shuts off and doesnt turn back on until i plug it in. SCORE!! this keeps getting better :evil:

another cool thing i found is that when i disconnect the radio antenna the radio shuts off and doesnt turn back on until i plug it in. SCORE!! this keeps getting better :evil:

This means (without any doubt) that you do not have the power ground wire from the AVIC connected to the car's ground. Instead, the only ground to the AVIC is now coming from the shield of the antenna cable. This is bad. Please go correct your wiring. If you have the ground wrong, then there is no telling what else you have wired wrong.

if your amp wont come out of protection mode, then there is probably a problem with the AMP not the AVIC, and when you hook up the amp turn on wire a short inside the amp is causing the avic to reset, i have never seen a amp go into protection mode because of a source issue(AVIC), it always either the amp itself or whatever the amp is connected to(blown speaker, or short in wiring)

distorted sound comming thru speakers is a common symptom of a amp on its way out and a protection light that wont go out is a sign that the amp is finished

and please ground your radio, it will work much better, a lot of jappinese cars may have a ground wire in the after market harness and then actually have no wire in the factory harness for that pin (nissan, toyota, subaru...)

bad ground, bad amp, no wonder the AVIC is very unhappy :?

even though the unit turns on and all the functions work fine?

are you talking about the AVIC?

the reason it turns on as mentioned by joe, is that it is getting ground through the antenna shield, and as you turn the volume up, the AVIC starts to use more power. the antenna wire cannot handle the amount of current that the AVIC can use, if you cannot supply enough power to the avic, it could dammage the unit.

• 2 weeks later...

turns out my remote wire eventually went bad. and my speakers directly connected to the head unit dont play so i know an internal fuse is bad. all my wiring was checked by an installer of 10 yrs. so i think the amp shot a signal back and fried it. but my remote wire works so F it ima still use the unit