AVIC411.com

I am replacing my F90BT with the Z110BT.

I installed the F90BT myself so I am sure I can do the install. I am installing the MSN Direct, Ipod and the SWI-PS

with the PAC SWI-PS I am totally lost. Is there a tutorial to install it with pictures? I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS and I found this

http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogrammin ... les&ID=150

My question is "Connecting the SWI-PS 's steering wheel control input wire to vehicle plug. " where is the Vehicle plug located?

Also is says "Connect pin #2 (purple in the 8-pin C3 harness) to accessory +12v"

Where is the C3 harness?

Last it says "THE ROTARY KNOB IS NOT PROGRAMABLE!" are they referring to the volume knob on the steering wheel? So how will I control the volume?

Any help will be appreciated Thanks.

I did a self-install on my 09 Chevy conversion van recently... I had the same problem with the PAC SWIPS instructions regarding the harness. The installer that I bought it from had access to a website (http://www.directed.com/) that told me the location of the harness, but it had the wrong harness color listed. The PAC instructions are correct about the harness you need to interface.

I dont know about the rotary knob you are referring to, but if that is how you do the volume, then you might want to skip the SWIPS and consider a different wired remote that takes the place of the steeringwheel controls instead of attempting to interface with them via the SWIPS.

VBLUE42 mentioned a Sony product that looked cool in an earlier thread today... also Pioneer makes a marine-remote that has the core basic functions also.

I too am having an issue with the PAC SWI-PSv1 (from Sonic)

I connected and follow the instructions. On my F150, the Volume and next/prev track do not work.

I also installed the Metra Axxess AFSI-02 kit to restore SYNC. So my Media/Phone buttons on the streeing wheel still work through sync.

Any help please?

One thing I can tell you guys about the PAC modules is that they are very stubborn about how you connect the black ground wire. I had to run a wire straight to the negative terminal of the battery before I could get consistent function from the volume down button. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't until I grounded it to the battery. Something you guys might want to try.