AVIC411.com

Z110bt installed... Not fully functionable

2008 350z non bose

Yes! I have searched... No luck! I just installed my new z110bt and I couldn't get the mute wire out without hacking up the harness to much. So I used extra VSS wire to attempt the video bypass. So my problem is the volume controls and the rear speakers aren't working. Yes! I pulled it out and check all the connections. I was using a guide on a 350z forum do my install and they had 3 grounds one was the green parking break(check) and the Black ground(check) and I did the by pass so I had a third on the same as the parking brake ground.(check) so I am wondering if that third ground could be throwIng the ATT? I have tried the turning off the AV and going to setting and turning off the mute, still no luck! Should un ground the 3rd ground? I am hoping you guys can help me before I decide to take it to a stereo place to fix it.

Thanks Marcus

I have it ground to a bolt the hold the dash kit together it was the same one the guide I got had theres grounded to its also the same bolt I have the parking brake wire grounded. Should I undo that ground and leave the Parking brake. Also finding after my frist post, My gauges are lite but not working any knowledge about that promblem. I have have something about it being directly connected to my AC controls. which has a VSS wire I spliced in to.

My z110bt is permently in ATT and I cant change the volume or get it off ATT. I couldnt pull the pin out, So I took some extra VSS wire and filled the pin location that the by pass is moved to instead of the mute wire. I grounded that and the Brake lead to a bolt on the left side under my AC control box and the black ground to the right side.

below

http://www.350z-tech.com/w/images/f/fa/DVD009.jpg

Also in doing the install some how I caused the gauges to not work beside the back lights. And doing some research I have found that the AC unit is directly connected to the gauges. The only thing that involves the AC controls is the VSS wire splice. I dont know what happen I am hoping its something simple like a connector is not connected. VBLUE got anything? THANKS

There was a plastic cover on the metal clip on the end It might be touching the back of the unit. Could the wire be causing the mute to permently on? I have to pull it apart again any ways I got a HD unit separatly that gets here on Monday plus I am still having a problem with my gauges. No fuses were blown so it mass to be a connector.