AVIC411.com

Weird nav direction bug?

quick lowdown on my setup.. F7010bt... "unofficial" 3.0 which is just a flashdisk dump of the x910.. then updated with the xseries 3.0101 update from pioneer.. and then when i got my hands on the official i used the 2nd SD to update it with no problems.. I have only really used the nav on trips so im usually moving.. and havnt noticed until today.. when driving around town sometimes when im stopped its like the nav doesnt know what direction im pointing and moves around and usually settles in the completely wrong direction... then finally corrects itself after i start moving again. Im thinking it has something to do with having the x910 software on it seeing as how the x910 has a a gyro and my f7010 does not.. I installed an X710 into a customers car the other day and dumped the flash disk afterwards.. I have been keeping virgin dumps(booting to testmode on FIRST power up) of these avic units because it has saved me from having to ship customers units back to pioneer because of what seems to be file corruptions (pioneers just gonna reload the flash disk anyways.. I can do that lol) .. so im wondering if i completely redo my flash disk with the x710 software if it will fix my problem...

on another note... the x series update from pioneers website updates to ver. 3.0101.. the x710 i dumped says the software ver is 3.02... def newer than 3.01!

I have the official update to 3.02 and my arrow will jump around at times also, mostly after boot up. It usually clears up in a few seconds and it never happens after I've been driving for awhile. I'm also using the hacked ezrider and the 2009.6 maps. It's not a daily thing so I don't let it stress me too much.