AVIC411.com

06 Silverado: Sound dies after 2 seconds.

Hey there gang,

I am having a problem with an installation that I am working on. I am installing a Pioneer, AVIC700BT unit in a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado1500 pickup truck. The truck has a Bose factory system in it and it has Onstar. I purchased a GMOS-04 adapter from Crutchfield and hooked the wires up according to the directions. I also installed a Pioneer XM tuner and a PAC SWI-PS unit to retain steering wheel controls, and a back up camera.

The problem I am having is that I only have sound with the key in the ACC position. If I turn the ignition on or start the engine the sound stops in about 2 seconds. If I turn the engine off and leave the key in the acc position the sound comes back on. With the ignition on, if I shift to reverse the b/u camera comes on and the sound will come back on for a few seconds but go out again.

Everything is working fine as long as I don't turn the key to the run position or start the engine. None of the radios lights or the screen goes off unless the key is turned off, only the sound goes out.

Any ideas would be helpful, as I'm currently looking for a lake into which I plan to drive the entire truck. LOL

Lastly, I can't recover my old user name since my email account associated with it has been canceled. (Bellsouth.net). Any idea with whom I should speak to get it straightened out?

Thanks all the way around guys,

Alan