AVIC411.com

install on nissan armada

anyone do an install on a nissan armada? just checking to see if i should buy a metra or scosche install kit which has a new dash kit, or if i should just cut the factory one. do i need an install kit or is everything included that i need to install the z1?

i am running 1 jl1000/1 for 13w7 and a 450/4 for my 2 sets of seperates(3way in front and 2 way components in rear) replacing the crappy factory bose system.

anything else i should know with this install?

Use the Metra a much better fit. Use the Brackets from the OEM Radio' Also get the wiring Harness for it. You will be pleased wih the sound diff after.You should also get the PAC SW-PI to maintain the steering wheel controls..

To be honest if you have the BOSE sys then I woud keep it UNLESS you prefer to Upgrade. My Sys sounds sooooo much better with My D2 in it I'm very pleased.

When you take off the face plate you have to remove all the connections for ac control and Airbag light. Don't dis connect the entire airbag Connection. Just remove the light from the connection. You will see what I mean when you get to it. If you take off the entire connection you will have to reset the airbag light. That is not a problem just trying to help you avoid it.

The VSS wire is behind the Glove compartment and I beleive it is Pink. Someone here can help with that just can't remember if it has white stripe on it or not.

Do you have a OEM DVD in yours if so you will need more to hook it up to the Z1.

Good luck!

I might not be able to respond as quickly as I would like to. My kids dropped my Laptop and it needs to go to the shop. I'll check email replies from my cell phone. So email me @ djoker04@comcast.net

Also check out the Armada Forum http://www.clubarmada.com

Tons of info and post about the Mada!!

Karl

You can disconnect the airbag harness, just don't turn the ignition on while it's disconnected. That's what causes the light to trip. As for vss here's some info.

2006 Nissan Armada

Reverse Light green/white + either kick, harness to rear

Speed Sense white/red 8P cluster or shift lock control unit

Notes: The shift lock control unit is behind the glove box, to the left.

Also found at the AV switch.

djoker, i do have the bose system. i was going to put a set of 3way cdt euro(6.5 - 4inch mid - 1" )tweeters up front and a set of cdt euro 2 way(6.5 - 1 inch tweeters) in the rear doors. powered by a jl 450/4 amp.

i added a jl13w7 in the rear powered by a jl 1000/1, but the mids are non existent and the highs are so so. i know the stock head unit is garbage, but i thought the speakers were garbage too.

i bought these sq speakers to put in my other car that is running full zapco c2k amps, but that car won't be ready for a few months so i thought i would utilize these seperates.

djoker, i do have the bose system. i was going to put a set of 3way cdt euro(6.5 - 4inch mid - 1" )tweeters up front and a set of cdt euro 2 way(6.5 - 1 inch tweeters) in the rear doors. powered by a jl 450/4 amp.

i added a jl13w7 in the rear powered by a jl 1000/1, but the mids are non existent and the highs are so so. i know the stock head unit is garbage, but i thought the speakers were garbage too.

i bought these sq speakers to put in my other car that is running full zapco c2k amps, but that car won't be ready for a few months so i thought i would utilize these seperates.

That's cool!! Good luck on the install.

K