AVIC411.com

Installed Z110BT this week, with SWI-PS

I installed a Z110BT into my 08 WRX earlier this week.

The installation was going great until I came to the SWI-PS. I went to their website to get vehicle specific instructions and got the instructions for the SWI-X. After about 10 minutes of it not working and wondering why it said both LEDs will light up, I realized it was the wrong instructions. I found the correct ones and then spent a frustrating 40 minutes trying to program it. I had the engine running because of threads saying to program it with the car running so there won't be any lag when you hit the buttons. Well the LED would blink randomly, it only programed some buttons, they weren't in the right order and it was inconsistent. So after finally getting tired of restarting the car I tried it with the car in the on position without the engine running and it worked perfectly the first time. No lag at all when the car is running. By this time it was dark outside so I installed the stereo and called it quits.I still have to hook up the VSS wire, the ipod connection and move the mic.

Overall I'm happy with it. Only 2 issues so far.

1) The radio sounds a little "fuzzy" even though it says it's getting full reception. I'm going to look into that today when I open it back up. I'm hoping that won't matter once I get the HD radio.

2) I set the steering wheel controls to track up/down. I'm accustomed to hitting those button for both presets and tracks, so I'm constantly hitting the button to skip to the next radio station. It seeks instead and I have to go to the radio screen and hit the button for preset up. I search through stations about every four minutes so it almost makes the NAV screen useless while listening to the radio. I'm going to have to change the mute button to a preset up button.

Thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum. It made the pioneer part of the installation a breeze.

2) I set the steering wheel controls to track up/down. I'm accustomed to hitting those button for both presets and tracks, so I'm constantly hitting the button to skip to the next radio station. It seeks instead and I have to go to the radio screen and hit the button for preset up. I search through stations about every four minutes so it almost makes the NAV screen useless while listening to the radio. I'm going to have to change the mute button to a preset up button.

Thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum. It made the pioneer part of the installation a breeze.

Just a quick tip i had the same issues with the previous pioneers ive had and i was hoping theyd fixed that problem with this unit but unfortunatly my steering wheel controller had not arrived yet as i had an alpine before this Z unit. What i found with my other 2 pioneer units was if you hold up or down for like 1-2 seconds it will jump to your next preset in radio stations hold it to short it will seek hold it to long it will start to scan you have to get it JUST right lol. give that a try and see if it will work