AVIC411.com

My avicz110bt text to speech not working.

my text to speech does not work my navi does not talk to me, when i push the button to talk and say commands, the lady does not speak back to me. when i tap on the screen it doesn't make the beep noise. All of the options are enabled and all the volumes are up.....

I did do a bypass on it and im wondering if thats the problem, if someone can help me it would be great.

• 3 months later...

I have the volume turned up and the beep on. It turns out (after talking to a smart guy at Crutchfield) it is not the unit but the factory wiring of the Jeep. The Jeep's factory amp is a 2 channel that is used to power both front and rear speakers. The Jeep apparently uses the rear speaker leads to the amp. Strange but true. So now all I need to do is swap the fronts on the AVIC to the Jeep's rear leads and presto. I can't do this until tonight but I'm very convinced that this will solve my problem.

All you Jeep owners out there that plan to use the factory amp needs to read this for their install!