AVIC411.com

Sirius SCCI or SCVDOC1 needed - confused

Brand new to the AVIC411 forum and appreciate all the valuable info which I have been digesting this week. I just purchased a AVIC-Z110BT for my 2009 Honda CRV and want to connect Sirius. After reading the various posts I am confused as to whether I need a SCC1 or a SCVDOC1 unit. Can someone tell me which one I need and what the difference is between the two units? I also understand that I need to purchase a CD-SB10 in connection with the tuner. Does anyone have opinions on installing HD radio by getting the GEX P20HD unit? Is it worth it? I have also read several posts which have indicated that the microphone for the bluetooth on older Pioneer units was horrible. Is this still the case with the Z11BT unit and if so what microphone should I replace it with? Lastly, I want to keep my steering wheel controls, is the PAC SWI-PS the way to go? Thanks for the input as I await the responses.

The SCC1 is the hideaway tuner if you plan on only using it in this particular vehicle.

The SCVDOC1 is if you have a sportster or stilletto or other portable tuner that you transfer between other cars/home/etc but still want to control it from the head unit

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=27827

This is technically correct, but doesnt really give you the whole picture...

If you want the least amount of functionality from Sat radio and this HU, then the SCC1 will provide this... if you to have the "Instant Replay" function on your Sirius, then what you need is a SCVDOC1 and a Starmate/Sportster 4 or 5.

Caution: The Sirius addons will only give you ONE LINE of data, whereas the XM unit will give you THREE LINES of data in addition to channel logos and category logos.... the only thing XM doesnt do that the Sirius DOES do is give you is the INSTANT REPLAY and the GAME ALERT functions.

Currently I have both installed, and seem to get better reception from the Sirius overall, but I prefer the data on the XM. I still havent decided which one I am going to get rid of.... I bought a broken but activated Starmate 5 via Ebay, so I dont have to pay a scrip fee on it yet while I am testing it with the SCVDOC1.

I have a SCC1 that I installed only long enough to show me that it works, and it is essentially NIB which I will be happy to sell you for $40 if you decide that is how you want to do your install.