AVIC411.com

iPod Connection Issue

Hey guys,

I have an FB700 with 2.0. My iPod (I think it's a gen 5 video), is connected via the Apple composite cable. The other day, when I went to start up my car, my iPod would not display on my options screen for AV Select. This has happened before, so what I normally did was cut power to the unit, and restart it, and it will connect just fine. This time, however, it would not come on after 3-4 attempts. So I pulled the iPod out of my console, and noticed it was locked up on the Pioneer connection screen. So I brought it inside and connected it to my computer and performed an iPod reset. My iPod was fine, kept all the songs and settings and everything.

So I plugged it back in this morning and it worked fine until I made my first errand stop. When I started the car back up, it wouldn't show up on the screen again. I tried to reset the AVIC again 2-3 times, no avail. So I dug the iPod out again, and noticed that it was working fine. The iPod works with manual control, and when plugged into the HU, it will show that it's connected to a source and charging, but the HU doesn't seem to recognize it and bring it up for playing.

I'm about to go on a huge road trip, and REALLY need this sucker running. Any ideas?

How have you connected your ipod to the unit? With usb and RCA´s? I am not familiar with the "apple composite cable".

3.0 software would be a good idea to get, I think it is better and you get newer maps. There are instructions on this forum on how to do the upgrade. Wether or not it will help get rid of your iPod issues I can´t say..

If the usb cable coming out of the rear of the unit is tugged on, the internal connector may pop out. I accidentally found out that this had happened with one of my units when I was replacing the touch panel. I plugged it back in and iPod control and playback was ok. I only use a cheap CD-IU230V cable.

Mine is the one that everyone suggests you buy from Apple with USB and RCA's. It's a PITA to get out of the mustang console, so I'm trying to avoid it, but I wouldn't think that would be the issue since the iPod charges up when you plug it in to the receptacle, you know? The HU just doesn't recognize it to play.

No case. I would think it's the cable, but it's being charged, so I know it's connected correctly. The input is set to iPod, it's just not showing up to be selected to play.

VBLUE42 speaks wisely, just because it's charging, that doesn't mean that data pins in the connector are working properly.

• 2 weeks later...