AVIC411.com

Avic F700 to Avic Z110

I have looked at this Z110 and immediately want to drop my F700 and swap it out with a Z110. I swapped out my D3 with the F700 no problem, pretty much a plug and play. My question is will all my accessories work with the Z series (ipod, steering wheel remote, backup camera) and just be a plug and play? Or could i have to completely rewire everything?

I'm also assuming that the Z series can be parking break bypassed as well but i havent looked at it. Is it the same too?

So far the Z110 looks like the best option. Any comments?

The power harness from the F series to the Z is apparently the same. The bypass however is different, search this forum for details on that. The RCA harnesses and the ipod cable are different. All Pioneer head units use the same steering wheel module so you are good to go there.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone posted pictures on how what wires need to be switched for the f700bt to z110bt upgrade? If the power harness is essentially the only wiring that is consistent across-platforms then I guess I'm hoping for pictures of the RCA harness - does it not connect directly into the ipod anymore? Now the ipod has its own completely separate way of hooking up?

Im upgrading my unit tomorrow (when it comes in the mail) and I am taking a trip the next day, I really just want to make sure the new unit is up and GPS is running - ideally also interfaced with my ipod.

thanks!

The ipod source has its own cable for the Z and it does not connect into the RCA AV inputs on the RCA harness. The only difference with the RCA harnesses is the addition of an AV2 input on the Z harness. The bypass is also different for the Z. If you don't mind loosing the AV2 input from the Z with the F series RCA harness and it will physically plug into the Z you may be able to use it. You will just need to change the bypass with the mute wire for the Z.