AVIC411.com

connecting mp3 player and volume control

hi. i recently got a f7010bt and im waiting on my ipod cable to come. now i want to listen to my ipod so i got a red/white rac to 3.5mm cable and pluged it into the red/white inputs on the supplied cable and connected to my ipod. now the problem is i cant adjust the volume of the music except on the ipod and at the highest setting it is not very loud. i have tried going true all the settings but cant find anything to adjust it. i was wondering can anyone help me please?

i have tried to search but i cant find anything helpful

many thanks

sean

if you are using your ipod as AV1 with a 3.5 to stereo RCA's, then you should be able to adjust the volume on both the ipod and the avic< the avic will not lock out volume control for any AV inputs, you could also use a 3.5 to 3.5 cable into the front input.

If you are using a cable other then the dedicated ipod cable on the AV1 input then you need to switch that input from IPOD to VIDEO. That should allow you use the iPod in the manner you are describing. As stated above, the AV2 input is also an option with a different cable.