AVIC411.com

downgrading my avic-d2 from cndv-90mt to 80mt?

how do i downgrade my avic-d2? i tried the new 90mt disc and it absolutely fucking sucks. someone posted a method where you change to a random language, then change back to english but pull out the disc before it finishes and that will allow me to pop in 80mt (which is defnitely better)

can someone confirm this method or inform me of one that works. i dont want to mess up my unit. my 90mt disc is slow as shit for rerouting (burned on the same media as my 80mt), no voice directing, and does pull up the little turn picture when i get close to an intersection on where i need to turn.

(for those of you wondering about the method im discussing... click here)

plz help. thanks.

-nick c.

Morphous Wrote this and i can confirm it works perfectly

Downgrade Instructions for bad map data

Fix for an upgrade gone wrong:

If you find yourself with a non working unit or corrupted map data after the upgrade do not despair, there is still hope to "downgrade" your unit. First go to system settings and change the language (doesn't matter if it's to french or Spanish) Let the unit "upgrade" your unit again and make sure it goes well and finishes. then change the language back to English, but hit the eject button before the unit has a chance to start the upgrade. You will see "insert the appropriate disc" message. Take your old working disc (CNDV-80MT) for example and place it in the unit. IT will then "Upgrade" to the older version. You should now have your old version in English.

SWDW :D:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So what if the new disk dont want to work? It worked the other day and then after i start on my trip it froze up and the disk would not work anymore. everytime i try to put it in it gives me a read error and dont want to work. And im not at home where i have the CNDV-90MT downloaded and cant make a new disk until then. i cant get into anything in the nav menu it asks me to insert the disk and when i do it dont want to read it.