AVIC411.com

F900 will not get past the boot up screen

When I turn my unit on, I get Pioneer boot screen, and then the unit turns off. I upgraded to the official 3.0 from Pioneer a few months ago, if that makes any difference. I used one of the newer versions of testmode from this site to go in and take a look around at the files, and it seems my flash file is pretty much empty. There were like 4 files left in there, and absolutely 0 folders. No iGo, no nothing. Anyone know how to fix this? Are there just some files on one of the SD cards from the 3.0 update from Pioneer that I can copy to the flashdisk?

Just to add to this, when I inserted the 1st 3.0 SD card, in an attempt to reflash it, it went through the file copying process, rebooted, then froze at the Pioneer boot screen. I inserted SD card #2, but no dice. If I press menu while it is stuck there, I can access the menu, but none of the menu functions work. The only thing that I can truly access are the settings, and that doesn't really help me at all.

Having the same issue as you mate, ive resolved to removing the unit from my car until i can fix it, ive tried restoring my 2.00900 backup, but still get stuck on pioneer boot logo, press menu brings up an utterly useless menu, ive tried all sorts of things so far but nothing, ill keep you posted if i find anything that works.

im gonna put it down to either of the two things i was doing at the time:

I loaded a corrupt backup as av.exe just crashes, or more likely, im using the wrong windows CE images. might try find some other images and give thema whirl. ive go tthe unit connected to a breadboard and power supply, so i dont have to race out to the car to try things.