AVIC411.com

Help wiring rear back up camera

you can usually find the reverse wire up front, but in case you cant' you can always go directly to the reverse lights on the car, there will be two wires at the bulb, and two different senereo's. the car will with have a positive trigger, meaning one of the wires will be ground all the time and the other wire will send 12v+ out only when the car is put into reverse, if this is your car, tap the purple/white wire into the positive switching wire then set the avic's cameras polarity to positive. other cars will have a negative trigger, meaning that one of the wires will will have 12v+ all the time or all the time the car is on, and the other wire will switch to ground when the car is put into reverse, if this is your car you will need to tap the purple/white wire into the wire that switches to ground and set the AVIC's camera polarity to negative

I don't think this'll work if he wants to be able to view the camera at any time though. It's best to do an accessory 12v+ hook up. my $.02.

well he already said that he ran power from the AVIC to the camera and tapped into the radio's acc wire for power for the camera in his original post, my post was just referring to what he need to do with the reverse wire so that the unit would automatically switch over to the camera, at no time in my post did i ever recommend that he hook up the power wire for his camera to the reverse wire in the car as of course that would not get him what he wanted and could cause major problems with negative trigger cars

I see what you mean. Does an unmodded avic have the ability to view the camera at any time? I'm about to drop the hammer on a ccd cam.

I hope so, the best problems are the ones that don't require any work to fix

You were right, I feel so stupid, the options in the settings for both Rear Camera and AV1/2 were turned off. I just changed configurations and YEAHY!

Now I just need to figure out how to find best way to run wires from the back of the car for the reverse drive and I will probably end up using wireless transmitter for the front camera so I don't have to poke wires through the firewall.

One more question, for the front camera I need to look for a regular not mirrored CCD camera, is there any camera's that you know of that transmitts good image but non mirrored?

I see what you mean. Does an unmodded avic have the ability to view the camera at any time? I'm about to drop the hammer on a ccd cam.

yes there is an option (i feel like an idiot right now because i can't remember which menu its in) but you can just select rear view and it will show the camera any time, all the time. great for towing.

I hope so, the best problems are the ones that don't require any work to fix

You were right, I feel so stupid, the options in the settings for both Rear Camera and AV1/2 were turned off. I just changed configurations and YEAHY!

Now I just need to figure out how to find best way to run wires from the back of the car for the reverse drive and I will probably end up using wireless transmitter for the front camera so I don't have to poke wires through the firewall.

One more question, for the front camera I need to look for a regular not mirrored CCD camera, is there any camera's that you know of that transmitts good image but non mirrored?

sweetness bro, i bet your glad you dont have to sit there and try to track down the problem. i'm not really sure about the cameras, its not something that usually listed on the package, we used to sell a camera by audiovox that had a wire that you cut if you wanted the picture reversed (so both ways where possible) but the newer models dont have this feature anymore (unless the last couple that i did had it and i wasn't paying attention)

• 2 weeks later...