AVIC411.com

25 updates before my next turn; howt to turn off?

I know I can't be the only person that this drives nuts... I can have a destination plugged in and go from one highway to the next and I'll be getting updates every 5 seconds about the same turn:

"Exit highway in a quarter mile"

"Exit Highway"

"Merge onto highway in 1/2 mile"

"Merge onto highway in 400 feet"

"Merge onto highway"

This is what I get when I go from one highway to another out here. Is there any way to reduce how often the unit updates me? I don't need to know to merge onto the highway or that I have a turn coming up in 1/4 mile when it just told me I had a turn coming up when I was 2 miles away.

Other than the annoying button chimes, which 3.0 finally took care of, this is my only issue with the unit. Oh yeah, F700BT. :)

I just mute the voice as soon as it's navigating me somewhere. ...But basically I only drive my car to and from work - I like the estimated arrival times, and if I'm going somewhere I'm not familiar with I just unmute the guidance.

I don't remember exactly how I did it anymore but you can find more information in the wiki...