AVIC411.com

Bluetooth issues with new Motrolla Droid

I bought a Motorolla Droid earlier this week and I tried to use it in the car yesterday with no joy. I've got a Pioneer AVIC F90BT installed in my Charger. The BT function on my phone was turned on but the AVIC HU didn't seem to acknowledge its existence.

My brother's iPhone was instantly recognized and synced up nicely, but the Droid may as well be a brick.

Useful infomation: F90BT with hardwired bypass, no hacks or mods on the system. I've also never updated the firmware, mainly because I didn't know we could.

Any suggestions or tips here? Is there some simple step that I'm overlooking?

did you try pairing it from the phone instead of the AVIC? did you put the droid in to discoverable mode? if you answered yes to both of these, then there may be a problem with the BT on the phone, i would try pairing the phone up to something else like a BT earpiece or something

I've got a Droid and after futzing with it, got it to work. As 1loudls said, pair it from the phone.

But first, make the phone discoverable while searching from the avic. When the word "droid" appears on the avic, touch this, then take it from there on the phone.

Also, once paired, I tried migrating the contacts from the phone to the avic via the button on the avic phone menu. The process failed a couple times. I then turned my car off and went to bed. As happened to someone else here at 411, the next morning, after auto-pairing, a dialogue box appeared out of nowhere on the avic that guided me through finishing the process. You need to grant permission from the phone for the pairing. Then the contacts worked fine. In short, it seems you need to start the transfer process, wait for it to fail, then turn off you car and turn it back on again to finish.

Whatever works. :roll: