AVIC411.com

dead batt !!??

so.. got a new Silverado SS not too long ago and installed my Avic-d3. used the GMOS-04 since i have the onstar and upgraded stock system. after a few days of messing around i finally got it installed. But i woke up a few times to a dead batt. After taking it to a couple shops my friend finally unhooked the batt and used a amp meter to see if there was a draw when the truck was off. there was a .79 amp draw. So we started pulling fuses to see where it was coming form. low and behold it was the stereo. So i took it out and installed my stocker for the time being. Why would my Avic be drawing that much??? any help?? :?:

thanks in advance!!

there have been a lot of problem with the modules(GMOS's) not shutting all the way off and draining power, there could also be a problem inside the avic causing it to drain so much power

790 milliamps is way too much power for the radio to be drawing while just sitting there.

the best way to test to see if its the module or the D3, is to hook it back up and do the same test as before, this time after you take your first reading, unplug the module and leave everything else hooked up the same (the module has its own harness so the radio can stay hooked up) and see if the current drain changes, if the drain drops a lot then the problem is with the module, if the drain doesn't drop then the problem is the D3.