AVIC411.com

Viper 5901 remote start

the best part of having a best buy do the install is that the install and the system(excluding the remotes) is warrantied for life at over 1000 shops nation wide, no small independent shop can say that.also smaller independent shops might not be in business a few of years after they install it then your screwed paying somebody else to do warranty work that should be covered.

i'm not going to lie, it is true there are a few bad best buys out there, its hard to have over 1000 shops with an average of five or more employees each and not have a few bad apples, however there are also just as many if not more bad independent shops T-taping the hell out of your car, you should always talk to the person that is going to be working on the car and asking as many questions as possible to make sure that the person is competent and that you are comfortable with them as an installer

1loudls, well you were correct, the trouble has already began. I call today to make an appointment and i find out i have to wait two weeks before i can get it installed. So ok i have to wait until the 10th, no big deal. Well he asks what vehicle i have and i tell him and he says oh well you need this bypass module that is $100. My parents asked the salesman in the store if they would need anything else for my truck and they said no. So now its costing me $100 extra. I wish they would have told us that sooner, i would have taken the money and gotten new headers for my truck. ahhhh oh well, we live and we learn.

Thats the BIGGEST problem car stuff at best buy.. 9 times out of 10 the guy sellin the equipment has NO clue about how the stuff really works (ur lucky if they know how to change a fuse) and when you ask stuff like "is this all i need?" they have no idea so they say yes.. most newer cars require a bypass module to fool the cars security into thinking the key is in the ignition so it can be started... a remote start essentially "hot wires" a car.. but with the anti theft stuff in cars these days its not as easy as crossing a few wires. I can say that you can buy the bypass modules off the internet for WAY cheaper than best buy is going to sell you. The "Expresskit PKALL" which is more than likely what best buy was going to sell you is $50 on ebay (just search pkall).. its basically a universal piece that can be programmed via usb for specific vehicles.

*installation is not "free" at bestbuy.. there is about $150 tacked onto the price of the alarm when you buy it there.. thats your install fee.. they WILL NOT sell you an alarm without install (even if ur gonna do it yourself).. thats why the alarms sold on the internet are WAY cheaper..

Seriously, if I were you, I would take it back and go somewhere else. Tell them you are not happy with them because they did not complete the sale with you by not getting you everything you needed at the point of sale. Go to a shop that specializes in this type of stuff.

*installation is not "free" at bestbuy.. there is about $150 tacked onto the price of the alarm when you buy it there.. thats your install fee.. they WILL NOT sell you an alarm without install (even if ur gonna do it yourself).. thats why the alarms sold on the internet are WAY cheaper..

to be an authorized DEI retailer, the system come with basic install included (which is different from free install) and since they don't warranty anything that was not sold &installed by a authorized dealer,they dont want it to be sold by itself, and you are incorrect we do sell R/S's and alarms with out install all the time, you just dont get the package price (since you are not buying all the items that make up the package)

alarms are sold online cheaper because they are being sold by a non authorized dealer and then they have no warranty.

its a package deal and when it is being sold they take the install price off of the system and charge it to labor (which then saves you money since its not being taxed) so that they can have installers to do the job, no labor, no installers.