AVIC411.com

iPod won't stay connected

Hello, I just had the Z110BT professionally installed yesterday. I bought a new iPod classic 160GB unit yesterday as well, and loaded it up with about 100GB of music, after upgrading the firmware to the latest 2.0.4. I tested it out on the new Z and it would connect for a couple seconds, then disconnect (the iPod switches from the Pioneer log to a regular Apple logo), then after 5 or so seconds, it would connect again (I'd get the Pioneer logo again on the iPod) and then disconnect a few seconds later, and this would continue. The installer had already tried a different iPod and an iPhone, no issues. When I got home I tried my older iPod nano, no problems whatsoever. So I figured I had a bum iPod classic and returned it today and bought another (new) iPod Classic.

This time I didn't upgrade the firmware right away (it came loaded with 2.0.3), and just put a couple albums on it. It worked perfectly with the Z. Then I upgraded the firmware and tested again. Worked perfectly. Then I loaded it up with tons of music, went back out to the car, and now I'm getting the same problem, the iPod won't stay connected to the Z.

My theory is that the Pioneer unit is getting confused trying to sync up to an iPod with that much data on it, and simply craps out,given that it was working fine with a smaller data set. I don't believe this to be an Apple issue.

Has anyone else seen this issue, and found a solution? I'm guessing I'm going to have to call Pioneer Support?

As mentioned in my first post, I did indeed test it with the new firmware, and it worked fine. But with less music. Adding more music seems to cause the issue, as far as I can tell. The iPod itself works great, the problem is that the Z won't stay connected to it. I think it's a Pioneer problem...

As mentioned in my first post, I did indeed test it with the new firmware, and it worked fine. But with less music. Adding more music seems to cause the issue, as far as I can tell. The iPod itself works great, the problem is that the Z won't stay connected to it. I think it's a Pioneer problem...

Not sure or tested but to me it looks like when it tries to catelog lot of music its failing.

try disabling VR Catalog Mode off. (Manual chapter 32 page 162)