AVIC411.com

Got rid of 900BT and got 910BT - My review

Well after getting soooo pissed off at the 900 I finally got rid of it and got the 910BT as a warranty trade.

The first thing I noticed is speed, when you touch a button it goes as oppose to touching the button and waiting a second for the sound, then another 3 secs for it to change to whatever you clicked to.

Second is the nicer sound but thats nothing a hack cnat take care of, but the nicer sound does make me happier :)

SD/USB media is 100% faster! I couldnt even play avi movies on a SD card without it chopping up

GPS, well before I was using Tomtom, garmin or anything else then the pioneer gps software, but I have used this a couple of times now and find it to be a bit better then the original, not amazing, but a bit better, if I had the choice id probably still pick tomtom, garmin, etc software over this.

Sound recognition: Ohhhh boy this pissed me off to the point of no return on my 900bt! I would say "play the artist smashing pumpkins" and a few seconds later it would say "playing all artists" GEEER it would do this for pretty much everything I asked it. It would really get annoying because this was one of the selling features for me and it never worked. So I got into my car pressed the evil circular button and said "play the artist smashing pumpkins" and a second later she came back and said "Playing the artist smashing pumpkins" Wooo Hoo! I still haven't had time to fully play with this but I will update later on.

The button, ohhhh boy, when you thought the 700/900bts were bad, take a look at this! I mean does pioneer not listen to its customers? How can you take an already crappy, small, hard to grab button and make it worse? Ahh I know! make it out of slippery shiny chrome! Wooow Im hoping I can grab a metel cover that some guys are selling here and make it fit because it is not good!

All in all was it worth the switch up? Well for me, the stress of my 900BT was driving me insane!, BUT If I was gonna pay $1399 CDN MSRP I would NEVER buy it considering the problems THAT WERE NOT MY FAULT that the 900 had.

I asked a number of guys there about the internals of the 910 compared to the 900 and all of them said the 910 was a faster processor. I still cant find any proof on this anywhere, im sure the 3.0 software helps a lot, but I never had the 3.0 software on my 900 to compare.

In conclusion, this is what the 900/700 should of been! I dont think theres much more to say about that. Of course the 910 has problems (knob is the biggy for me) but your always gonna have some stuff that others you, all in all its a good deck.

Anyhoo Im probably missing a crap load of stuff I noticed but ill be sure to update as I have problems/concerns and things I like about the unit

Merry Christmas everybody!

Brad :)

"asked a number of guys there about the internals of the 910 compared to the 900 and all of them said the 910 was a faster processor. I still cant find any proof on this anywhere, im sure the 3.0 software helps a lot, but I never had the 3.0 software on my 900 to compare."

??? You are saying the 910 is so much better/faster yet you are comparing a 910 on 3.0 with a 900 on 2.x? Of course it is faster my 900 is way faster with 3.0

"asked a number of guys there about the internals of the 910 compared to the 900 and all of them said the 910 was a faster processor. I still cant find any proof on this anywhere, im sure the 3.0 software helps a lot, but I never had the 3.0 software on my 900 to compare."

??? You are saying the 910 is so much better/faster yet you are comparing a 910 on 3.0 with a 900 on 2.x? Of course it is faster my 900 is way faster with 3.0

This review was based upon my old 900BT with 2.0 VS the new 910bt with 3.0 and yes, the 910 with 3.0 is faster. I never had the 900 with 3.0 to compare it too and thats why I put it in my post

Brad :)