AVIC411.com

There are a few ways that you can do this that won't hurt your system but you really shouldn't go in any direction that you're not comfortable with. The units 'protect' themselves by shutting off when the voltage is too low but it's not good to stress it when you are cranking the engine. I solved the problem by using a stiffening cap and a couple of diodes to keep the juice flowing in the right direction. The Cap acts as a line conditioner during starting conditions and allows constant voltage during starting. There are better solutions but it works. search around and see what you're most comfortable with. The simple on off switch will work but my mind is shot with 'memberin' stuff and you wouldn't want to forget it's on and yes it can happen. I do agree with 1loudis though, you don't really want to do a simple on off switch and tax your voltage while trying to start the car. This problem could only be amplified if you have amplifiers which draw plenty of current themselves.