AVIC411.com

Weird iPhone music issue...

Hi all. I hate to make my first post on the forum a newb question, but such is the way of things...

I just got 2 Pioneer nav units and a single DIN unit for 400 bucks. They all work, so it was a great deal!

One of the AVIC-f700BT's went into my 86 Fiero GT. All works well so far, except one thing.

When I plug my iPhone 3G running 3.1 firmware (The iPhone is on 3.1, not the nav unit) to the built in USB plug, I can see the music playing on the screen but cannot hear anything. It shows album artwork and everything, just no sound! I can use some iPod to AV cables to go into the RCA connections, but I'd much rather use the built in iPod feature as I really like it and it will also charge my iPhone.

I read in a post that you could change the AV1 input to iPod, but this did nothing to solve the problem. My AV1 is being used by my iPod to RCA cable to get around this problem until I figure out how to solve it. I'm running the 2.0 firmware, but am about to update to 3.0. 3.0 might fix it, but you never know. I'm probably just doing something wrong.

Thanks for the help in advance, and hopefully I've provided enough info.

David