AVIC411.com

AVIC-z110bt ???

Hey Guys!

Well I finally have the funds to purchase my very own z100bt! My question is this though... VBLUE42 maybe you could respond to this best... With CES 2010 coming next week have you heard any new things in the works for Pioneer? I know you can't keep waiting and eventually you need to pull the trigger, but I have heard from multiple people both positive and negative in regards to Pioneer just leaving the people that have purchased the z110 out of luck, example the whole MSN thing. What is your guys take on this? Have they forgot or are they working on fixing things with updates? I plan on keeping this deck for sometime and I am worried that once purchased updates / fixes may need to be done to update with newer version Iphones and various other software needs. I have the 3g now but come July there will be a new one available possibly... Trust me I would much rather go with the z110 over the AVN-726e or any other for that matter, but I am just a bit nervous... Also, with these recent rebates is a possible big price drop in the near future to clear out the shelves for something new? Please any and all info and suggestions would be most appreciated. Its alot of money as you all know and I just want to make the best decision for the long haul... Please help. Thanks! :D

I dont have any knowledge for sure but I can make a good guess based on what Pioneer has done in the past. There will likely be a new unit announced to replace the 110BT. It will most assuredly be the same hardware unit with new software which we will be able to upgrade our units to. I believe Pioneer will release a new traffic/weather option for the new/our units. It will be in the same accessory option as the current MSN tuner, meaning a new device that will accept the same accessory port as the current option. This is why I believe Pioneer opted to not build the MSN tuner into the unit in the first place as this builds future upgrade options into the unit. So based on what Pioneer has done in the past, this is the upgrade path they are likely to take. We all should know by the middle of next week as Pioneer will be releasing all of the 2010 product info to the Admin of this site for our viewing. I would wait at least until then.

I dont think the price can drop too much more from where they are right now. When the X series was introduced, the price of the F series had gradually come down over the entire year it was going so there was no room for a dramatic decrease when the X was introduced. I would also expect the price of the new unit to come in at the same as the 110 when it was introduced. Somewhere around 1599-1799.

How has Pioneer been in the past with updates? Do they listen to their customers? Do they put them out frequently? I would be curious to see what they put in the update, traffic updates? or will they just wait until 2012 when the MSN goes away... Also, is there a map update? Many people throughout the forums are saying the maps haven't been updated in years. Is that true? And if so, when?

They typically are not receptive to complaints about bug issues unless they get hundreds of calls or a large amount of units returned for repair. Nuisance or minor bugs will usually not be updated at all during the units run. If ever updated, its usually when the next years unit is released. Serious bugs with the system that cause the unit not to function properly are usually addressed in an update to the software. Map upgrades are released once a year and are always about a year behind. So the next map update will have a 2009 release version. This is actually typical of most navi's and not unique to Pioneer.