AVIC411.com

D3 and ACA200W(cam) black screen

Greetings.

I have searched high and low using every possible combination of search terms and no dice.

2007 H3

HU AVIC D3

CDBTB200 Paired perfectly with my Blackberry Curve and Axim X51

GEX-P920XM XM Satellite Tuner - Working

Bypassed

Tonight I installed the license plate cam and wound up with a black screen when using the camera.

It switches when I go in reverse, test from bottom to top or whatever it is.

And this is how I wired it:

From the ACA200W

RCA-HU

Black to ground

Red to reverse light

And the purple and white wire goes from the Avic to the same reverse light.

When I start up, I get some horizontal lines. Not an issue at this point since I don't even have a picture.

So did I totally screw things up here or what? I guess I was confused about the purple and white wire and what purpose it server. If both that and the red pos from the cam can goto the reverse light, great. I hope I've provided enough information, but please let me know if you need any other info.

But that's where I stand. I have yet to test with another video source, but that's next.

Thoughts guys?

Thanks,

Stang

http://www.stangsgarage.com

Wow, it's that easy?

Not really enthused about running yet another wire that distance, but hey, if that does the trick at least I can put it behind me.

Ya know it's funny though, I never once saw any kind of mention about this.

Now is this a particular red wire, is it labeled, or do I look for the power lead for the stereo? The D3 was in the truck when I bought it, I added all the rest.

If this is the ticket though I shall certainly report back.

I think to check though, I'll just run something to the back and see if it works before running another lead. I like everything to be very well hidden, and I even managed to pass the wires from interior to exterior without a drill or any visibility. Trouble is, that takes time.

To save even more time in testing that, what about this idea? In the back there is a power source. I have a plug I keep handy with bare wires for testing. I could just test for power like that unless you think I'll hose something in the process? After all, I also know haste makes waste. ;)

Thanks for the reply,

Stang

Hiya VBLUE

I am happy to report that did the trick. Thank you so much, I can't believe how simple it was. Not sure why it wasn't in the documentation or in forums, but it worked.

Here are a couple pics for what it's worth.

Went with the location above the plate. Seems to be plenty enough light still lighting up the plate. Used the special bolts provided, nice touch.

hummercam.jpg

Finished up the install and took a picture of my view. Thanks again VBLUE! :D

avicinstalled.jpg

Stang

http://www.stangsgarage.com

sunflowerfail.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same camera and have had it working for a while... but now the image comes on sometimes and not others... I assumed it was a bad ground or hot... no luck with that... Anyone have problems with this camera... I have had it for about 1.5 years and there were no impacts, accidents, or mods to the camera or wiring. Thanks if anyone has any suggestions. I hooked the composit wire to my sony video camera and it displayed on the radio.