AVIC411.com

09 Dodge Ram and AvicF90

I have a 09 Dodge Ram. I installed a AvicF90bt in it a couple months back. Now, with my OEM headunit, when i would remote start the truck the radio would go on with the start. Now with the avic, the radio goes on only when i put the key to run. Is there a splice i could make to turn avic on with remote start or is this all through my trucks computer? Thanks in advance.

did you use a wire harness with a data interface module?

all new Chrysler's (jeeps & dodges too) use a data signal to tell the factory radio when to turn on and off instead of a wire being turned on by the key like all aftermarket radios. . if a data module was not used, which is very common for non-premium sound systems because of there price, then an acc wire needed to be ran from somewhere in the car that turns on and off with the key (cig sockets and powerports and the fuse taps at the fuse box are the most common)

if this is how yours was done, then you remote start does not power up every wire at the key switch (it very common for a lot of R/S that you may not need to power everything up, just the stuff necessary for the truck to run and the climate controls to function as extra relays might be needed to turn on EVERYTHING) and when you do the key take over(turning the key on and hitting the brake to turn the R/S off) the extra circuit gets turned on. this can be fixed by adding aditional relays to the remote start system to power up the extra acc circuits so that every thing in the car gets turned on.