AVIC411.com

HTC Hero and Pioneer Car Units

I just got a Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD unit to replace my DEH-P700BT unit. The P700BT had no issues playing music off my Android phone through the USB cable attached to the receiver (just have to mount USB). The P4100DVD however when connected just says "format read" and will stay there. Just trying to figure out if there is a work around to get the USB cable to work with the P4100DVD?? I miss being able to control the music on my phone from the receiver. That is why I am not using the AUX jack. I have also tried turning the USB debugging on and off on my Hero. I know the USB works. I plugged in a thumb drive and it read the music fine. I am using a 8GB micro sd card in my phone right now. Someone suggested this might be the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

ok.. so I tried using a 2gb micro sd on the phone and no luck. Same thing just says "format read". I know the micro sd cards work because I plugged them into the receiver with a USB adapter for micro sd cards and it play the music that way. So the issue is with the receiver just reading the phone.