AVIC411.com

My f90bt bit the dust, goodbye avic411

Well, after a love/hate relationship with my f90bt it died over last weekend. SOMEHOW all the main files in it got renamed to symbles or erased. I tried reformatting and reinstalling from the 3.0 install thread info and still nothing. I think the flash mem is going bad in it, So now I'm going for the Kenwood 9140. After looking at all the things that the avic x's and z's have and dont have and the kenwood, and each units issues it seems the kenwood has all the features that i wanted on my pioneer (RDS, Station naming, better EQ and sound staging, Garmin (yeah i know stripped down version of it but still)). ANYWAY just wanted to say TY to the avic411 community for all the help i have recived from reading things here AND in the hacks/mods. Maybe is pioneer comes out with a new unit that has more of the things i wish the ones now have and not just stuff that will only work with the iphone (new x920's pandora thing) I might get a pioneer again.

Nope, between Spring and Sumer. Good luck with that thing. They issued a few updates but it apparently still has issues. Like six seconds to skip tracks between songs on iPod.

Yeah i read that, but not too big of an issue, from what i read the older ipods do a little better and mine is a 5gen ipod vid one so no big issue. plus i ordered a factory referbished unit so it was less then $1000. and from my exp with referbished electronics, they are sometimes better then brand new ones b/c they have to be compleatly checked for issues befor they leave the factory and it still has a 2yr warranty.

• 1 month later...
Well, after a love/hate relationship with my f90bt it died over last weekend. SOMEHOW all the main files in it got renamed to symbles or erased. I tried reformatting and reinstalling from the 3.0 install thread info and still nothing. I think the flash mem is going bad in it, So now I'm going for the Kenwood 9140. After looking at all the things that the avic x's and z's have and dont have and the kenwood, and each units issues it seems the kenwood has all the features that i wanted on my pioneer (RDS, Station naming, better EQ and sound staging, Garmin (yeah i know stripped down version of it but still)). ANYWAY just wanted to say TY to the avic411 community for all the help i have recived from reading things here AND in the hacks/mods. Maybe is pioneer comes out with a new unit that has more of the things i wish the ones now have and not just stuff that will only work with the iphone (new x920's pandora thing) I might get a pioneer again.

If youre gettin rid of it ill pay for shipping if you are willing to ship it.