AVIC411.com

Bypass with Switch

I installed my new z110bt and to be honest im not that happy with it. I sold my AVH-P6800dvd for this one and regret it big time!!!.. maybe in not used to it yet. but Is it just my unit or do any of you guys notice the video quality sucks on the z110.. Anyway lets get to this topic. My problem is when i am in motion the warning symbol comes on and when i reach a certain speed it turns off and video is back on allowing me to watch the video. what can this be? Installed in my Hummer H3 with Gmos04 with onstar and monsoon.

I connected everything correct. vss, mute, reverse. The Green wire is grounded with a switch just like the way i connected my p6800dvd but for some reason its not working with this unit. I dont want to do the bypass with removing the mute. Has anybody on this forum used a switch method?

Well i know on hyundai santa fe forum someone did this.

You can ask your installer to verify but switch should send signal to ground cable which you bypass and ground connection should complete.

I also want to give it a try since if one bad day :( cops pull over for something and want to test video in motion then i want to disable bypass by switch. :mrgreen:

like he says the bypass is done wrong

all i did was move the mute wire over one slot and then grounded both the mute wire and the parking brake wire together. I did use a switch to stop the ground from theese two wires and mounted it under the dash just incase of getting pulled over :D

scense your green wire is allready on a switch just move the yellow mute wire over one slot on the harness and join it to the green wire when you flick your switch the bypass will work as your previous model.

the key thing is moving the yellow mute wire over one slot

The yellow wire is connected to my brown Mute wire on the gmos04 car harness.(whats it funtion?)

In order for me to move the yellow mute wire over i would have to disconnect it with my brown mute wire. And Exactly what will i be discconecting? what is the purpose of the "Mute" wire.

If i move the wire then theres no point for a switch.

im not sure how you could do the by pass in your case

your mute wire is probally hooked up to the onstar adapter which you will need for the music to cancel out when using your onstar. not sure if the bypass will work without taking the mute wire out of its origional position. or if you can leave it plugged in and just add another wire to the next slot over. im sure someone must know if that will work or not