AVIC411.com

910bt problem

Hello,

I recently upgraded from AVIC-U310BT to AVIC-X910bt. I didn't replace the power wiring with the old one I had, because when I checked, everything looks the same. I plugged in everything. The navigation,ipod, radio work great. but when I go to the phone every icon is faded out and I won't be able to choose the setting or anything. I have the same problem with system setting icon. What could be the problem?

Unless the parking brake wire is properly connected to the parking brake wire as detailed in the installation instructions requiring the P brake to be pulled to use the lock out functions or the bypass is performed as instructed on this site, you will get locked out soon.

The installation says to connect it to the green wire. but the thing is when I connect it to the green wire my phone and address won't work (it stays gray) even if the car is not moving. unless I push down the parking break. but when I connect it to the brown wire everything work fine. (when the car moves I can't use dvd player, phone, address. but when the car stops everything comes back to work, which I know I have to do the bypass)

I'm a little confused.

The installation instructions for the P. brake says you have to pull the P. brake to access the features. You clearly have not followed the directions and may be causing damage to your unit. Either follow the install directions for the P. brake hook up or follow the directions here for the Bypass. What ever you do, do it right before you screw up your unit.