AVIC411.com

How to add custom POI icons ?

Hello,

I used Pioneer navgate FEEDS to stre on my USB custom user POI (in kml format). So on my USB are 2 folders:

POI and USERICON. In POI folder I have POI.kml files and in the USERICON have icon.bmp files. Both files (kml and bmp) have the same names. My AVIC see POI categories but not see icons.

I read that i should add them to Branding.zip to ui_pioneer/common/ I also tried that, but normal copying files to that destination didnt help. Should I add to each category an SPR file? What to put there ?

I use IDT #2 skin and Red Themplate by Dragon24.

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately, It's not working.

Original KML poi files have structure like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-2"?>

Apteki

Poronin</p><p>961</p><p>

The same kml file after feed editing:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

icon20100118-201700.BMP

Apteki

Apteki

icon20100118-201700.BMP

Poronin<br>961<br>

I suppose that the "icon20100118-201700.BMP" is the poi icon. However on the USB disc files have different name: Apteki.bmp. When I manually change in new kml file filename to Apteki.bmp it's working.

Is there any, faster way to assigning icons to original KML file (code no 1)? In that file format i get poi from community in poland and i have ~40-60 files, updated once a month.

Maybe I can add my personal poi icons to AVIC (in test mode) ? However, how to do it ?

I will upgrade navgate feeds. However, maybe in some mod here are bigger collections of poi icons ?

Where can I find instruction how to add icons to internal collection ?

how can I add whole user poi collection to navgate and how can set name for them (or keep the original) ?