AVIC411.com

Front Speakers not working (most of the time)

I have installed my F-700 in my 2006 Chevy Trailblazer. I am lucky in that I do NOT have the driver information center, so I did not have to used any of the CMOS installation stuff. Everything works fine, except my front speakers -both sides- have very little output and sound "tinny". I have checked my connections, and even ran a jumper cable directly from the outputs on the radio to the speaker wire...same thing.

BUT sometimes they work fine. I can tell if they are working by the ATT sounds. If I hear them then its working, then the phone works, nav sounds work, everything. If it isn't working, then none of that works. The rears sound great though. This is the same whether I use an SD card, or FM, CD, or Ipod. Input seems not to matter. It used to always work with SD, but it stopped. I know, weird.

When I bought the head unit, I acutally bought two. I was going to put one in my car. I haven't yet though. When I plug the second brand new HU into my harness...it does the SAME THING.

I have upgraded to the new firmware and maps version 3.02 (i think)...I actually BOUGHT the upgrade SD card from best buy. No hacks at all. I had done the moving mute hack and ground, but made everything origional just in case. Still nothing. Ground is good. Power is good. HELP!