AVIC411.com

D2 problems, please help...

Hey. My first post here.

I have problems with my D2 that I just got brand new. It works fine for a while and than it freezes. I try to reset it and when it starts back on I get message: "Please insert the appropriate disc".

All this time the MP3 cd works as well as the radio. Everything else is not working. I tryed taking the nav dvd out but still nothing.

The DVD was not scrached, and it was not humid either, so I do not think that it's a condensation problem.

Make sure that your loading the nav dvd in the bottom slot . If so, try using the dvd for the other coast to see if it will load .

Yes, thank you. I tryed to load up both dvd's but nothing. It works fine untill it warmes up and than it goes crazy on me. Then I can only use the AV functions.

Ok , just so I know that we're on the same page . You know that there are 2 slots . The top slot is for music disc and the bottom which is exposed by holding the open? button in for 1 sec. and is only for the nav dvds. If you are using the bottom slot and having this problem the only thing is that I can think of is your unit has a problem or the fan is blocked.Maybe you can pull it out of the dash some to see if it still fails with some air getting to it or maybe its time to return it. Lots of pros on this site but I'm not one of them. Any other ideas out there ?

Ok , just so I know that we're on the same page . You know that there are 2 slots . The top slot is for music disc and the bottom which is exposed by holding the open? button in for 1 sec. and is only for the nav dvds. If you are using the bottom slot and having this problem the only thing is that I can think of is your unit has a problem or the fan is blocked.Maybe you can pull it out of the dash some to see if it still fails with some air getting to it or maybe its time to return it. Lots of pros on this site but I'm not one of them. Any other ideas out there ?

Hey. I know that it has 2 slots. I was using the DVD-rom Slot(the lower one :) ). I did think about the overheating problem. Still when I pull out the Map DVD it is not hot. A little warm but that's about it. No moisture on it either so there is no condensation. I am hoping for a bad dvd unit. I will get it replaced with another one saturday morning. If the new one does the same thing than I am shure it's because of the heat. And then I am scrued.

Not sure if the parking brake would cause the screen to freeze or not . How about your gps antenna signal strength ? Go to "Settings" in the main menu then "Hardware Info" , write up on p61 in manual . You can also view your parking brake and speed pulse connection status there . Did you look in the troubleshooting section (pages 115-122) to see if your symptoms are listed ? It sounds like you had it professionally installed , so you should be in good shape . I hope they get it all ironed out for you on saturday .

Hey. I got a new D2 saturday. This time we made shure that the parking brake hack was done corectley. The new unit works great with no issues untill now. I got the ipod interface also but other than great quality sound it does not do a very good job. It is hard to use as you all now.

I am waiting to get the steering wheel control interface so than it will be complete.

Thanks for the advice.