AVIC411.com

Reverse Camera Problems

Hi! Happy new owner of a Z110BT and new user to avic411! Successfully installed my HU in my 330i a week or 2 ago. Have ALL features installed and functioning EXCEPT for my reverse camera. Using an ebay camera that mounted nicely next to my license plate lights. Hooked up the camera power and ground to the same connections as my head unit ok. Hooked up Pioneer purple reverse trigger wire to BMW reverse lights wire blue/yellow.

1. Checked switched power going to camera - OK

2. Checked reverse signal power. Power OK when shifting into Reverse.

3. Screen switches OK at head unit when shifting into reverse and displays the "Image may be reversed" warning OK but just black screen.

Is it safe to assume that my camera doesn't work at this point? Are there any settings that I may have missed on the AVIC?

Help?!?

Yeah that all sounds right. You may have a defective camera. There is no telling what you got with those cheap ebay cams. I would consider another option. That camera is likely a CMOS camera which is going to give you low res picture quality anyway, once you do get one that works. CCD cameras are a lot better option and can be had for about 100 bucks.

• 4 weeks later...